Since March 2020, a group of law librarians decided to closely monitor the rapidly developing legal response to the COVID-19 crisis in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean. Please read about who we are and which countries/territories we are monitoring. Below, you can find our biweekly reports, most-trusted sources and our publications. Also please do not forget to subscribe for updates on upcoming COVID-19 Reports, presentations, webinars, published articles and any information on our dedicated contributors.
- No.11: Current Demands on Brazil’s Labor Courts by Daniela Majorie Akama dos Reis and Abby Dos Santos (October 17, 2020)
- No. 10: Special Update on Brazil by Abby Dos Santos and Marilia Mello (October 9, 2020)
- No. 9: Legal Initiatives to Battle COVID-19 in Trinidad and Tobago by Jasmin Raymond (September 29, 2020)
- No. 8: Special Update on Haiti by Lyonette Louis-Jacques (October 2, 2020)
- No. 7: Emergency and Limitations in the U.S., French, Dutch and British Caribbean by Marcelo Rodriguez (October 1, 2020)
- No. 6: Special Focus on Martinique and Guadeloupe by Anne Pajard (September 28, 2020)
- No. 5: Caribbean Disaster Preparedness Agencies and Their Impact on COVID-19 Management by Yasmin Morais (September 11, 2020)
Read all our reports here.
- 10/2020: Refugees, Indigenous People, Transgenders and Prisoners : Latin American Governments’ Miscommunication with the Most Vulnerable Communities During COVID- 19 by Victoria De La Torre and Marcelo Rodriguez. Latin American Perspectives.
- 09/22/2020: Panel, Access to Legal Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean with Michele Villagran, Ulysses Jaen and Teresa Miguel-Stearns. 2020 Law via the Internet.
- 09/2020. Law Librarians Monitoring the Legal Response to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean by Marcelo Rodriguez. IALL Blog. Spanish and Portuguese versions.
- 09/2020. Global COVID-19 Research Efforts by Marcelo Rodriguez, Luis Acosta and Xavier Beauchamp-Tremblay. Spectrum.
- 07/2020. Law librarians monitor how Latin America and the Caribbean are responding to Covid-19 by Ulysses Jaen. RIPS Law Librarian Blog.
- 06/2020. A Duty to Monitor and Share: What Law Librarians Can Do to Relate Information Around COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean by Ana Delgado. AALL’s New Voices.
- More publications and presentations.