Since March 2020, a group of librarians and experts decided to closely monitor the rapidly developing legal and governmental response to the COVID-19 crisis in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean. Please read about who we are and which countries/territories we are monitoring. Below, you can find our biweekly reports, most-trusted sources and our publications. Also please do not forget to subscribe for updates on upcoming COVID-19 Reports, presentations, webinars, published articles and any information on our dedicated contributors.
Our project is also part of HeinOnline’s COVID-19: Pandemics Past and Present (under Librarian-Curated Content)
- No.55: Massive Protests in Colombia Amidst the Pandemic’s Third Wave by Susan Montgomery (May 26, 2021)
- No. 54: The Inter-American Human Rights System Facing a Pandemic by Marcelo Rodríguez (May 24, 2021)
- No. 53: The Response of Jamaica’s Justice and National Courts System by Nadine C. Atkinson-Flowers (May 17, 2021)
- No. 52: Corruption, Migration and Upcoming Elections in Honduras by Sarah Buck Kachaluba (May 15, 2021)
- No. 51: Drastic Measures and Lack of Accountability in El Salvador by Sarah Buck Kachaluba (April 15, 2021)
- No. 50: Guatemala Between Migrants and International Aid by Sarah Buck Kachaluba (April 11, 2021)
- No. 49: The Northern Triangle Amidst Multiple Crises by Sarah Buck Kachaluba (April 11, 2021)
- No. 48: Travel Restrictions Between Canada and Latin America by Yemisi Dina, Sooin Kim and Alexia Loumankis (March 23, 2021)
- No. 47: United Nations and Its Current Involvement in the Region (Part 2) by Indira Bermudez and Susana Cardoso (March 18, 2021)
- No. 46: United Nations and Its Current Involvement in the Region by Indira Bermudez and Susana Cardoso (March 18, 2021)
- No. 45: The Rule of Law in Ecuador During the Pandemic (Part 2) by Julienne Grant (March 7, 2021)
Read all our reports here.
- 02/2021. One Year Later: Reflections on COVID-19 Monitoring in Latin America and the Caribbean by Yasmin Morais. LISP/SR Blog.
- 12/2020. Legal Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: From Argentina to México, From Barbados to Guatemala, From the Bahamas to Chile by Marcelo Rodriguez. Slaw.ca
- 10/2020. A plataforma colaborativa das bibliotecas da Justiça do Trabalho sobre a Covid-19 é citada no relatório de Monitoramento da resposta legal ao COVID-19 na América Latina e no Caribe. Grupo de Bibliotecários em Informação e Documentação Jurídica do Rio de Janeiro.
- 10/2020: Refugees, Indigenous People, Transgenders and Prisoners : Latin American Governments’ Miscommunication with the Most Vulnerable Communities During COVID- 19 by Victoria De La Torre and Marcelo Rodriguez. Latin American Perspectives.
- 09/22/2020: Panel, Access to Legal Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean with Michele Villagran, Ulysses Jaen and Teresa Miguel-Stearns. 2020 Law via the Internet.
- 09/2020. Law Librarians Monitoring the Legal Response to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean by Marcelo Rodriguez. IALL Blog. Spanish and Portuguese versions.
- More publications and presentations.