Since March 2020, a group of librarians and experts decided to closely monitor the rapidly developing legal and governmental response to the COVID-19 crisis in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean. Please read about who we are and which countries/territories we are monitoring. Below, you can find our biweekly reports, most-trusted sources and our publications. Also please do not forget to subscribe for updates on upcoming COVID-19 Reports, presentations, webinars, published articles and any information on our dedicated contributors.
Our project is also part of HeinOnline’s COVID-19: Pandemics Past and Present (under Librarian-Curated Content)
- No. 39: Impact on Guyana and its Indigenous Population by Janette Bulkan and Rachel Thomas-Caesar (February 27, 2021)
- No. 38: Mexico’s Initial Federal Health Measures by David Isom (February 25, 2021)
- No. 37: Examples of Current Environmental Impact in Central America by Lilliam Nuñez Picado (February 20, 2021)
- No. 36: Solidarity in the Transgender Community While Facing Multiple Crises by Marcelo Rodriguez (February 7, 2021)
- No. 35: Special Update on Mexico & Central America by Ulysses Jaen (February 5, 2021)
- No. 34: Interviews with Law Libraries in Puerto Rico and Recommendations for the Future by Samuel Serrano and Jeannette Lebrón (February 3, 2021)
- No. 33: Education Through Televised Classes in Cuba and Community Efforts in Puerto Rico by Bianca Anderson and Ana Delgado (February 1, 2021)
- No. 32: Dominican Republic as the First of Many in the Region by Marisol Floren (January 29, 2021)
- No. 31: Context and Health Protocols for the 2020 Municipal Elections in Uruguay by Leonor Porras (January 23, 2021)
- No. 30: Cuba’s Landmark Currency Unification Amidst Severe Economic Woes by Bianca Anderson (January 20, 2021)
- No. 29: Upcoming Presidential Elections in 2021 by Marcelo Rodriguez (January 12, 2021)
Read all our reports here.
- 02/2021. One Year Later: Reflections on COVID-19 Monitoring in Latin America and the Caribbean by Yasmin Morais. LISP/SR Blog.
- 12/2020. Legal Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: From Argentina to México, From Barbados to Guatemala, From the Bahamas to Chile by Marcelo Rodriguez. Slaw.ca
- 10/2020. A plataforma colaborativa das bibliotecas da Justiça do Trabalho sobre a Covid-19 é citada no relatório de Monitoramento da resposta legal ao COVID-19 na América Latina e no Caribe. Grupo de Bibliotecários em Informação e Documentação Jurídica do Rio de Janeiro.
- 10/2020: Refugees, Indigenous People, Transgenders and Prisoners : Latin American Governments’ Miscommunication with the Most Vulnerable Communities During COVID- 19 by Victoria De La Torre and Marcelo Rodriguez. Latin American Perspectives.
- 09/22/2020: Panel, Access to Legal Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean with Michele Villagran, Ulysses Jaen and Teresa Miguel-Stearns. 2020 Law via the Internet.
- 09/2020. Law Librarians Monitoring the Legal Response to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean by Marcelo Rodriguez. IALL Blog. Spanish and Portuguese versions.
- More publications and presentations.