Since March 2020, a group of librarians and experts decided to closely monitor the rapidly developing legal and governmental response to the COVID-19 crisis in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean. Please read about who we are and which countries/territories we are monitoring. Below, you can find our biweekly reports, most-trusted sources and our publications. Also please do not forget to subscribe for updates on upcoming COVID-19 Reports, presentations, webinars, published articles and any information on our dedicated contributors.
Our project is also part of HeinOnline’s COVID-19: Pandemics Past and Present (under Librarian-Curated Content)
- No. 31: Context and Health Protocols for the 2020 Municipal Elections in Uruguay by Leonor Porras (January 23, 2021)
- No. 30: Cuba’s Landmark Currency Unification Amidst Severe Economic Woes by Bianca Anderson (January 20, 2021)
- No. 29: Upcoming Presidential Elections in 2021 by Marcelo Rodriguez (January 12, 2021)
- No. 28: A Brief History of Legalizing Abortion in Argentina by Barbara Krieger (January 15, 2021)
- No. 27: The Halftime Update by Marcelo Rodriguez (January 11, 2021)
- No. 26: Uruguay’s Early Use of Technology and Innovation by Dr. Michele A. L. Villagran (January 19, 2021)
- No. 25: The Emergency Family Income (EFI) and the Most Vulnerable Sectors in Argentina by María Eugenia Naiaretti and Juan Andres Fuentes (December 26, 2020)
- No. 24: Access to Information and Law Libraries in Argentina by María Eugenia Naiaretti (December 23, 2020)
- No. 23: The Argentine Judiciary in Times of Necessary and Urgent Decrees by Barbara Krieger and Juan Andres Fuentes (December 22, 2020)
- No. 22: Impact and Regulation of Cryptocurrencies in Venezuela by Victoria De La Torre (December 18, 2020)
Read all our reports here.
- 12/2020. Legal Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean: From Argentina to México, From Barbados to Guatemala, From the Bahamas to Chile by Marcelo Rodriguez. Slaw.ca
- 10/2020. A plataforma colaborativa das bibliotecas da Justiça do Trabalho sobre a Covid-19 é citada no relatório de Monitoramento da resposta legal ao COVID-19 na América Latina e no Caribe. Grupo de Bibliotecários em Informação e Documentação Jurídica do Rio de Janeiro.
- 10/2020: Refugees, Indigenous People, Transgenders and Prisoners : Latin American Governments’ Miscommunication with the Most Vulnerable Communities During COVID- 19 by Victoria De La Torre and Marcelo Rodriguez. Latin American Perspectives.
- 09/22/2020: Panel, Access to Legal Responses to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean with Michele Villagran, Ulysses Jaen and Teresa Miguel-Stearns. 2020 Law via the Internet.
- 09/2020. Law Librarians Monitoring the Legal Response to COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean by Marcelo Rodriguez. IALL Blog. Spanish and Portuguese versions.
- More publications and presentations.