Excerpt from Biweekly Report:
I am mainly monitoring responses from CARICOM (Caribbean Community), and the OECS (Organization of Eastern Caribbean States), since these groups are the main bodies that can provide us with a more comprehensive overview on the region. For the latest statistics on COVID-19 in the Caribbean, see the CARICOM website. Food security in the region is a main concern and member states have drafted the Regional Response Framework Document. The aim is to encourage member states to prepare national food security plans and collaborate with the private sector regarding supply chains. … Read More.
List of top sources:
- International Monetary Fund Policy Responses to COVID-19 Tracker
- Caribbean Tourism Organization
- Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA)
- The University of the West Indies has also formed a Task Force
Yasmin Morais is the Reference and Cataloging Librarian at the David A. Clarke School of Law Library, University of the District of Columbia. She also previously held positions at the Georgetown Law Library, University Health Network in Toronto, and the United Nations Development Program in Jamaica. Yasmin has near-native fluency in Spanish, and basic French. Below is selection of her publications:
- Profile from the University of the District of Columbia – David A. Clarke Law School
- Cuban Legal Materials in U.S. & Canadian Libraries in Guide to Cuban Law and Legal Research. Julienne E. Grant, Sergio D. Stone & Marisol Floren-Romero (eds.). 45.2 International Journal of Legal Information 76 (Summer 2017).
- A Guide to Legal Research in Cuba, GLOBALEX, June 2015.
- A Law Library Residency: My Georgetown University Law Library Experience, (Book Chapter) in The New Graduate Experience: Post-MLS Residency Programs and Early Career Librarianship, Santa Barbara, California, Libraries Unlimited, 2011.